Daisy Sawle - Blogs
We’re looking for an architect to get involved with our exciting portfolio of projects and build on recent growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of multiple projects. You must be able to demonstrate strong capabilities across RIBA stages 0-7. The role requires a high level of ability and desire to work with existing and new clients as well as be a key member of our small team.
The role will include:
- Day-to-day delivery of multiple projects through RIBA Stages 0-7
- Leading and managing other members of the project team
- Professionally liaising with clients to establish their specific requirements
- Contract administration duties
- Liaising directly with appropriate authorities and consultants
- Securing new work
- Assisting with developments to ArchiCAD templates, file systems and processes
- Forming good relationships with clients, contractors, structural engineers and other third parties
- Networking and growing industry contacts
Being a team player is crucial in a small business and at Märraum we all need to work flexibly, particularly during busy periods. So there may also be times when other jobs need doing such as answering the phone, organising team days or training.
Required skills and experience:
- experience of running multiple residential projects with responsibility for carrying out all RIBA stages of work
- excellent design skills balanced with commercial approaches
- proven client handling and project management experience
- a good understanding of how to deliver sustainable projects on both large and small budgets
- leading and managing a team with strong interpersonal skills and confidence
- skilled use of ArchiCAD is desirable
- ability to work within tight time frames and competitive fees
- delivery of projects from planning to completion, including site works.
- ability to generate new business
- must be a team player with the ambition to succeed and develop within a supportive company
- flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- solid up to date knowledge and understanding of the UK planning process and policies
- comprehensive understanding of UK building regulations
What we offer:
Märraum is about the story of space. We have a vision to create healthy, happy and more sustainable communities. Seeing more than what’s put before us. Giving space the respect it deserves. Our focus centres around giving more to people and place by delivering joyful, considerate and crafted architecture.
Märraum boasts a very team oriented, supportive and collaborative atmosphere. Although current restrictions have meant we’ve had to adapt to the ‘new normal’ we still hold team lunches and events. To encourage a healthier and more sustainable work/life balance we encourage all team members to take part in ‘My Green Hour’ – a paid hour a week to focus on something personally sustainable.
Salary and package:
Salary £32,000 - £40,000 depending upon experience
37.5 hours per week
Statutory pension scheme
28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays
Paid professional memberships
My Green Hour – up to an hour a week to focus on personal sustainability
Out of office team days
To apply please send a covering letter and portfolio CV (maximum of 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 12th February 2021
*Please note that due to Covid-19 this position is currently remote, although will be based in our Penryn office in the furture. The successful candidate will need to carry out site visits around Cornwall so willingness to relocate is essential.