Superhero communicator and relationship builder wanted.
Are you great with people? At noticing the shoes, bag or tie they carefully chose this morning, at welcoming them and making them feel instantly at home? And at communicating with them every step of the way to make sure they feel informed and involved?
Are you a focused sort who’s motivated by following and creating procedures that just make things work? But flexible and friendly enough to help a colleague out at the drop of a hat? Do you take pride in the details and get stuck into exploring and understanding new systems and making them your own?
Then drop us a line.
Small, energetic and approachable – at Märraum we’re committed to creating compelling spaces that really connect with the people living in and using them everyday. At the core of our business sits a burning need to fulfil both our clients’ needs and our own motivations. We are always looking for clever, tangible solutions to the complexities of space and we have strong principals that define how we work - openness, honesty and, most importantly, integrity.
Role and responsibilities
We’re looking for a flexible communicator who can ensure our busy office is organised and kept on track. And that our clients are informed and happy. This is a varied and exciting role for someone who gets a kick out of helping people, enjoys solving problems and is a real team player.
The role will include:
- managing our accounting and customer relationship management systems, ensuring our records are accurate and up to date and taking a lead on making improvements to all our systems.
- answering the phone and dealing with enquiries efficiently and with great customer service
- managing the main office calendar, booking in meetings, meet and greet
- proactively managing and posting to social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- supporting the directors and other team members to keep everything running smoothly
- managing filing systems
- updating and processing of project timesheets and invoicing
- processing supplier payments
- project admin activities including liaising with project team, client and third parties i.e. structural engineers, surveyors and building control
- maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment, recording office expenditure
- organising and recording staff meetings
- reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed
- selecting and entering projects for competitions and awards
- organising company events
Required skills and experience:
- experience of working in the same or similar role, with varied office and reception duties
- experience of managing social media including posts on Instagram, Facebook, Linked In and Twitter
- GCSE in English and Maths at grade C or above
- IT training or qualification
- knowledge of GDPR requirements
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- good IT skills including a good knowledge of MS Office
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to influence and negotiate
- the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- ability to work on your own initiative and meet deadlines
- flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
It would also be great if you had experience:
- working in an architectural practice
- applying for professional competitions
- of basic book-keeping/VAT returns/PAYE payments
- working with Apple Mac operating systems
What we offer:
Märraum boasts a very team oriented, supportive and collaborative office atmosphere, enhanced by the open plan studio environment. Alongside the spacious two monitor desk set up and fantastic ergonomic chairs, we offer regular staff lunches, weekly organic fruit box and team building events. We work hard to ensure everyone is valued and endeavour to provide an exciting environment to foster creative thinking and new ideas.
Salary and package:
Salary £18,000 - £24,000 depending upon experience
30 hours per week – we can be flexible as to how this works
Statutory pension scheme
28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays
Regular out of office team days
To apply please send a cv and covering letter to email@example.com