Marraum Architects - Blogs
Planning to make big changes to your home or embark on a new-build project involves some very important decisions. And it’s probably one of the biggest financial commitments you’ll make in life.
Choosing the right architect is crucial and really can make a huge difference in making your project run smoothly.
So what are the main things you should be looking out for when hiring a professional architect in Cornwall? Here are our suggestions…
Top Tips When Choosing Your Professional Architect
1. Give some attention to the portfolio of previous workTaking a look at projects the architect you’re considering has worked on before will help you to understand what makes them tick. You’ll also find out the types of building they design and be able to see if their strengths align with what you’re looking to achieve. You can explore the buildings Marraum has brought to life at marraum.co.uk/projects
2. Find out what qualifications and industry certifications they haveIt might sound obvious, but checking to make sure your architect in Cornwall has the correct professional certifications is crucial when you’re investing a large amount of time and money into a project. You can search the ARB database of registered architects in the UK and the RIBA website allows you to find Chartered Practices.
3. How does your professional architect work?How does each architect tackle the design process? It’s definitely worth comparing and contrasting to see which resonates with you. At Marraum we will always begin with what you need from your space and design from there. Find out more about our process at marraum.co.uk/the-process
4. What design & architectural services do they offer?Will the architect provide hand-drawn designs or a full-service from design to project completion? At Marraum we use 3D modeling and Virtual Reality to let you step into your new home before a brick is laid so you can make absolutely sure it works for you. We also offer a range of options, from designing and overseeing your planning application process, to monitoring the entire build and carrying you right through to the moment you receive your keys.
5. Do you connect?When you have a shortlist of architects who make the cut based on the above, it’s vital to then organise a face-to-face meeting to discuss your project. Do your ideals for your build align with theirs and do you think the architect understands your vision? You’re going to be working closely with the architect or team so feeling that they’re friendly and approachable is also crucial.
Ultimately, the decision of which architect to hire is the first of many you’ll need to make over the lifespan of your project. Getting it right should not only improve the final results, delivering the home you’re dreaming of, but also ensure the process is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Learn More About Our Professional Architect Services
At Marraum, we're proud to offer industry-leading design and architecture services in Cornwall. To find out more about how we can bring your dream project to life, get in touch with our team, here.
Keen to arrange a meeting? Please get in touch to book a suitable time.