Are you a pro at juggling tasks, keeping all the plates spinning in the air? At balancing your own workload as well as willing to help a colleague out at the drop of a hat? Are you a focused sort who’s motivated by following and creating procedures that just make things work?
Then drop us a line.
Role and responsibilities:
We’re looking for an energetic administrator to cover maternity leave who can ensure our busy office is organised and kept on track. And that our clients are informed and happy. This is a varied and exciting role for someone who gets a kick out of helping people, enjoys solving problems and most importantly has a keen eye for detail.
The role will include:
- Managing our project, accounting and customer relationship management systems, ensuring our records are accurate and up to date and taking a lead on making improvements to all our systems.
- Answering the phone and dealing with enquiries efficiently and with great customer service
- Managing the main office calendar, booking in meetings, meet and greet
- Proactively managing and posting to social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Supporting the directors and other team members to keep everything running smoothly
- Managing filing systems
- Sales invoicing and processing supplier invoices
- Project admin activities including liaising with project team, client and third parties i.e. structural engineers, surveyors, contractors and building control
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment, recording office expenditure
The above is not an exhaustive list, being a team player is crucial in a small business and at Marraum we all need to work flexibly, particularly during busy periods.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of working in the same or similar role, with varied office and project management duties
- Experience of managing social media including posts on Instagram, Facebook, Linked In and Twitter
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of GDPR requirements
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good IT skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to influence and negotiate
- The ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Experience of working in an architectural practice is desirable
- Experience of working with Apple Mac operating systems is desirable
What we offer:
Marraum is about the story of space. We have a vision to create healthy, happy and more sustainable communities. Seeing more than what’s put before us. Giving space the respect it deserves. Our focus centres around giving more to people and place by delivering joyful, considerate and crafted architecture.
Marraum boasts a very team oriented, supportive and collaborative atmosphere. We hold regular team lunches and events. To encourage a healthier and more sustainable work/life balance we encourage all team members to take part in ‘My Green Hour’ – a paid hour a week to focus on something personally sustainable.
Salary and package:
- Salary £22,255 - £24,000 per year pro rata depending on experience
- Fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
- 30 - 35 hours per week
- Statutory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays
- Role based in our Penryn office with flexible working options available
- My Green Hour – up to an hour a week to focus on personal sustainability
- Membership of Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Out of office team days
Anticipated start date: Mid March 2023
To apply please send a cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org